To find a genuine job, one should use Linkedin actively which is the most trusted portal all over the world. Many MNC’s advertise their job on Linkedin. Well, Linkedin is a professional portal where professionals from different communities or industries get connected together. Unlike Facebook or Instagram, we can’t use Linkedin in the same way.
Here people share their thoughts related to technology or any industry related to their profession. You can easily get connected to the Human Resource (HR) Recruiter of any company through Linkedin.
You can send a connection request to that particular person you want to connect with. Generally, in Linkedin people don’t hesitate to accept connection requests as all are professionals.
How to search for jobs on Linkedin:
- First, you have to design or fill all the information in your Linkedin profile which plays an important role in getting a job. Choose a professional photo rather than a casual on your profile. Remember it is the first impression whenever the recruiter lands on your profile
- Write your profile summary, It includes all the skills and experience that you carry. Linkedin provides a 2000 word section to summarize your profile. Try to utilize most of it.
- Add your resume to the Linkedin profile so that the recruiter can directly see your resume. You can also include your Linkedin profile address to your resume.
- Always keep your Linkedin profile up to date. An outdated profile is neglected by recruiters. Add your recent work experience and qualification.
How to increase network on Linkedin
- Send connection requests to all the HRs of different companies, if they accept the connection request send them a message. For Example: Hi Recruiter/sir, I am XYZ, I am a graduate in Electronics Engineering seeking new job opportunities. If there is any vacancy available in your organization/company, please let me know. I will be highly grateful to you.
- Try to connect as many people as you can. Linkedin provides a feature where you can see the posts liked or comment by your connection. It makes it more powerful. Suppose you have 500 connections in your list and everyday people from your list like a post from their own connection list. As a result, information reaches more people.
- You can ask them for referring if they don’t have any current vacancies.
- There is an option Career interest on Linkedin, you can switch to ON so that the recruiter identifies your interests.
- Try to engage with your connection through various posts related to your field. It will engage more and more people to your profile.
- Always talk with your connection professionally. Never try to use it as social media. Recruiters don’t like it.
How to get clients from Linkedin
Apart from these, there are many groups and communities on Linkedin. You can join them. Everyday people from different industries post there job vacancies and company requirements. I found it very useful.
Many companies share their job requirements on their Linkedin pages, You can specifically visit the Linkedin page of a particular company and apply for the job.
You can grow your business on Linkedin. Since all the CEO, COO, and CTO of big companies are there on Linkedin. Hence it becomes easier to approach them to sell your services or products. You can message them or send an in-mail. In-mail is a special feature given by Linkedin.
It is used to send mail to people who are not in your connection list or people who forgot to accept your connection request. In-mail is a premium feature, if you send in-mail to anyone, it will directly go to the inbox of that particular concerned person. It is not possible for free Linkedin users.